Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tool - Disposition effects

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by wRaith, Sep 24, 2005.

1. wRaith

wRaith

Aug 22, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    Hey guys,

what pedals does Justin use for this song? I know he uses a Digitech bass whammy, but I'm not sure of what delay pedal he uses?

Anyone got any ideas?

EDIT: I can't spell.

2. Craggsy

Craggsy

May 24, 2005
    Digitech Bass whammy set 5th/1oct up and a delay which I think is a Boss DD-3!

3. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Craggsy's got it. Digitech Bass Whammy (but you can use a regular WH-4 Whammy, see my tab) and a Boss DD-3. Any delay works fine though.

4. wRaith

wRaith

Aug 22, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    Thanks guys. I know your tab thread said that you weren't sure of the delay time Petary, but does anyone else know a rough ball-park figure?

Also, where can I get a Digitech bass whammy? I've heard good things about it and wouldn't mind picking one up, but I can find it here in Australia.

Also, is $180AUD (about $135USD or $160CAD) a decent price for a new Boss DD-3?

5. plasson

plasson

Mar 21, 2005
    Petaray791 I've had the WH-4, but I do remember it has no 5th-1oct up harmonyzer mode... o_O

wRaith Bass Whammy is REALLY rare and expansive... take a look on the bay...

6. Craggsy

Craggsy

May 24, 2005
    Petaray791's cleverly changed the tab so he can play it with the Wh4's 5th up/7th up.

I searched on ebay for weeks and finally bought a Digitach Bass Whammy but you'll pay stupid amounts for them now!

7. Yup he uses a bass whammy and a delay.

WHen I had the DIgitech BP200, It told me what the delay time was, And it's in between 320ms-340ms, I cant remember exactly, But If you play along with the song you get the timing on the delay pretty accurate.