1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Torn between a few different heads...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rancidrancid, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Hey everybody, it's been about 7-8 years since I've been on here but I'm getting back into it!

So I'm looking into the $300-$400 price range, and my wife is adamant that I buy new. I'm using an Austin P bass and an SX jazz bass with an mxr overdrive. Cabs are a crate 1x15 and an Eden 1x15, both 200 watts at 8 ohms.

I've used an Ampeg PF-350 through this set up before and thought it was fine and in the running right now, but a few others seem more intriguing.
    I'm looking at:
    Fender Rumble 200 watt (overdrive and push button EQ shaping seem interesting)
    TC Electronic BH250 (the whole effects thing is very interesting)
    Eden E300 (love the sound of the higher end stuff, plus matching with one of my cabs)
    Markbass Little Mark 250 Black Anniversary 15 (always liked their stuff)
    and of course the Ampeg.

Any thoughts?

I live in Minnesota, and as far as I can tell only the Ampeg and Fender are available to test myself.

2. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Ampeg PF500 is in your price range, I'd go that route over anything that's listed.

blubass likes this.
  3. himluis1

himluis1

Sep 28, 2012
    Florida
    i had good experiences so far with both the rumble n bh250 . rumble offers overdrive option and 3 different voicings plus a gain knob , the tc offers a tuner and tone print plus 50 watts more ... at that point it will be a matter of convenience ... also u could check the ampeg too ! i don't have experience with eden or markbass , but im pretty sure they r good too

4. MobileHolmes

MobileHolmes I used to be BassoP

Nov 4, 2006
    Iowa
    Depends what kind of sound you are after.

FWIW, TC electronic lists a number of twin cities dealers, and Markbass sells through guitar center, so you ought to be able to play everything except maybe the Eden.