Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Traben basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by chuck-roast, Apr 14, 2005.

1. chuck-roast

chuck-roast

Apr 13, 2005
    Does anybody have any feedback on the new Traben basses?

Are they any good? :bassist:

2. I've heard good stuff for the price type of thing and that all that extra hardware adds to the tone and sustain but they are a little heavy. If you are refering to a new line of trabens... I don't know about that.

3. hands5

hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    none
    I actually have the proto type here with me,which was constructed,and develope here in Tampa fla by local luthier.His name is Ben Chafin,as for the bass it self it's not that bad.The neck is a 5 piece maple with a rosewood fret board,and 24 frets,however the string spacing is only 17 mm.The body is made of a soft maple,however it takes on a character of Walnut,especially with the EMG soapbar pups/Aguilar op-3 preamp which gives this bass an amazing array of tones,the bass though is kinda neck heavy,but this is the only American made one,however he does have his own line of high end basses which are truly stellar instruments,which he has luthered for Brian Bromberg,and Jeff Berlin