1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. We are aware of an issue affecting search results for classifieds searches and advanced search functions.  Actively working on a fix, thanks for your patience!

Traben Tribal Sun Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ShortcutBob, Jan 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. gebass6

gebass6 We're not all trying to play the same music.

2. Snakeman1066

Snakeman1066 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Central Valley
    Traben was a company started by two friends in Florida Tracy and Ben...hence the name TRABEN...

The early American made and the later Korean made basses were very nice...though they got made fun of a lot here on talk bass...

The sonic art bridges were perceived as a gimmick and supposedly relegated to metal heads, young players, and douche bags according to the vitriol that was spewed here daily by the haters and detractors...back in the Traben heyday

I own two Array Obsession neck-thru's which are fantastic instruments one made in U.S. and one made in Korea

later the company was bought out by the Hanser group which is the parent company to B.C. Rich and Michael Kelly Guitars

the production was moved to Vietnam and the quality seriously went down hill fast...as far as I know they are no longer manufactured

I think the Tribal sun was already discontinued by the time production was shifted to Vietnam so hopefully you got one of the good ones...

mybabiesinternet.jpg

these are active and passive both with the throw of a switch...

they have been good to me for the better part of 13 years

here is the fiver in action on stage in Texas

mestagepocketlight.jpg

Good luck with your bass...

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
  3. ShortcutBob

ShortcutBob

Jan 20, 2017
    Thanks How do you tell what year it was made?

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 20, 2021