1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Trace Elliot cabinets

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by klejst, Jun 23, 2014.

1. 1048H 4x10 cab

50.0%
  2. 1524T 2x15 cab

50.0%
  1. I have always been a fan of the Trace Elliot brand and the tone/sound of their amps and cabinets which is what makes this a little hard to make my mind up and choose as both of the mentioned cabinets sound good to me. The 2x15 obviously gets the low's and some good mid's whereas the 4x10 seems to handle the mid's and high's better. Both cabs are out of state so I am not able to play them in person (so the "get whatever sounds the best to you" response is out) but they are in good condition and priced within my budget but also I only have the budget for one. So I am asking for some input from those on here who have used/owner or looked into as well these two cabinets to help me make the choice at least a little better.

2. High Camp

High Camp

Oct 3, 2013
    Netherlands
    To me, both options are equally good.
    They both will give you the lows and mids you want, both will get you volume.
    (played both, albeit the 90's versions)
    >> the difference is which type of 410 or 215 is available. get the 90's version if you can <<
    the AH or GP series
    IMHO.

3. I should of been more clear on this. Both seem to be older model cabs and perhaps are the 90's versions you reference to as to both do not look like the Trace cab's that Trace/Peavey are putting out now. The 4x10 has the green rat fur tolex and also is the "red stripe model." The 2x15 has the smooth black tolex. Both have port holes.

4. 2liveis2die

2liveis2die

Mar 22, 2014
    Ireland
    I have the green 1048h with red stripe, sounds monsterous, even using a low b string. I havnt played a 2x15 so I cant really comment, im using an ah200 gp12.

5. The 2x15.

6. High Camp

High Camp

Oct 3, 2013
    Netherlands
    Go for the red stripe model any day of the week and twice on Sunday...

7. The old 410's have an amazing sound. I bought an older red stripe 410 with a matching 15. The 15 is for sale now. Sounds great but unnecessary when you have the 410. The 410 sounds as nice or nicer then my Bergantino rig. Only issue is the weight.

8. It's been a few days, the 4x10 I was looking at sold however I found another older red stripe model however this one does not have port holes.

I also looked into the 2x15 more and apparently the speakers are not the original TE speakers and were replaced with Celestion's each 300w and 8 ohms which now the cabinet is wired now to 4 ohms and has a total 600w capacity (I assume). I know what makes (older) Trace Elliot stuff good is the speakers so is the 2x15 still worth it even though it's not original...or perhaps it's better now?

9. For awhile they used Fane, but mostly Celestion.

My 1518 is a single 300w 8 ohm Celestion, custom for Trace Elliot. It's early 90's tolex non stripe series. Magnificent.

The cab you're looking at is a double sized 1153, smaller version of 1518.
    These days Celestion are PRC made.

10. Razman

Razman

Feb 10, 2005
    Orange Park, FL
    +1.

My friend has one. I would live with a few less highs, it is a monster cab, kicks like a mule.

Is it in FL?

11. No, Connecticut. So essentially they are the "same" speakers they used in them anyways aside from the Fane they used as well.