1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Trace elliot commande 15 for DB

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by MichaelSC, Apr 5, 2006.

1. There are a lot af threads about this amp, I know, but they don't seem to answer my question.

Have any of you any experiences with the trace elliot commando 15 for db. I've heard a lot of people talking about having problems with 15" speakers - would that be reason enough for not choosing an amp like this?

Edit: And how about the Eden Nemesis nc210
    Are they both better with electric? I guess so. What do you say?

Thanks in advance.

2. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    What a lot of people say is that 15's are boomy. That's not strictly a problem with 15's, but is the result of how they are designed into commercial cabs. Also, 150W into a 15 is a lot of sound. Do you need such a loud amp for upright?

3. Nah.. I suppose not. But is there more sound depending on the size of the speakers. I thought the only thing the speaker size would modify was the sound - not the volume.

4. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    It can be either. With a larger driver and box, you have the option of making it louder, lower, or a bit of both. A larger driver also has a lower frequency where it starts to become directional.