1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Trace Elliot experts, ? for ya.....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by S.Harrison, Sep 7, 2008.

1. I've got a GP-7 SM combo (2 10's) that I got dirt cheap at GC's Labor Day sale last year. When I bought it there was virtually no output and what was there was incredibly distorted. Well, since they had it on the floor that way, it was "repaired" at no charge to me. Only problem is, it's still distorted at all volumes. My options are a full refund or send it for more repair, though I would probably look for another tech. In your collective opinions is it worth it to send out again, or should I just take the $200 back? I mean, I really love Trace gear from my previous ownership, but I don't know if I want to sink too much money into it.
    Also, and ideas as to what the problem may be?

Thanks,
    S. Harrison

2. Gearhead43

Gearhead43

Nov 25, 2007
    NorCal
    I think the amp probably needs a new flux capacitor.

3. mat666

mat666

Apr 3, 2007
    montreal
    check with british audio services they have original parts nad they're based in the US