Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Trace Elliot SM7EQ

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by kristoffer, May 24, 2005.

1. kristoffer

kristoffer

Jul 8, 2004
    Sweden
    Hi! I have found a used Trace Elliot SMX compressor pedal at a great price, and I'm thinking about buying it. The person who sells it also have a Trace Elliot SM7EQ pedal and I can get this pretty cheap too.

I found lot's of info about the compressor here on TB but not much about the EQ. Anyone who have tried it and have any thoughts about it?

/kristoffer

2. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    France
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
    The Trace eq are great. It would probably be those you found on the GP7 preamps.

I have a GP12 preamp, 12 bands eq, it's simply great. I see no reasons why the 7 bands version would be bad.

3. kristoffer

kristoffer

Jul 8, 2004
    Sweden
    Sound great!
    I'll get the two pedals pretty cheap, and I love Trace Elliots stuff, so I'll probably buy them.

/kristoffer

4. Jerry Ziarko

Jerry Ziarko Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    I had both pedals some years back. I sold the comp. It wasn't quite my thing, but the eq pedal is great. I still have it, and break it out every now and then. The preshape sections are the real Trace deal! Be aware of one thing though. They take 18v to power them. If you don't have the AC adapter, they tend to eat batteries.

5. kristoffer

kristoffer

Jul 8, 2004
    Sweden
    Thanks! I get adapters for both of the pedals. Will hopefully have them next week :)

/kristoffer

6. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    I don't leave home without my SMX comp pedal. I'm sure you'll love them.

7. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I own a SM7EQ, and it's the best EQ pedal ever made!

8. kristoffer

kristoffer

Jul 8, 2004
    Sweden
    That sounds really great :) I can't wait until I have them here!