1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Trace Elliot V-4 All-Tube Head

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Aussie-Sea, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Aussie-Sea

Aussie-Sea

Aug 29, 2014
    Seattle
    Price:
    From 1995, Trace Elliot V-Type V4 all-tube bass head. I'm the second owner (I've had it since about 1998). 220-watts. Four KT88 power tubes (JJ's). These amps are super rare. This one has the "tolex" covering -- not the carpet that some were made with. The only reason I'm selling it is because I'm going back to solid state. It's loud and the tone is stellar. Huge low-end and punchy mids. No issues. Filter caps and one other small cap were replaced about 8 years ago. Still amazing. Plenty of tube grind and squish when you need it. It handles pedals fantastically. The grey spots I believe are just age/sun spots that were there when I got it. Amp weighs about 40 pounds.
    $1250 shipped in the lower 48. No trades. Amp is being sold in as-is condition.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

devnulljp and kwdhsk like this.
  2. Spfairchild

Spfairchild

Oct 23, 2005
    Seattle
    Endorsing Artist: MTD Basses, Genzler Amplification, GHS Strings, Tsunami Cables, Sonic Nuance Electronics Contributing Reviewer: Bass Gear Magazine
    Peoples of Talkbass, I wanted to jump into this thread to act as a character witness for Aussie-Sea! He's a local Seattleite friend of mine and fantastic bassist, and I'm happy to personally vouch for him if you should be deterred by his lack of feedback so far. Hey, everyone's gotta start somewhere, and that somewhere is always at the beginning. I haven't personally played this amp, but could probably find a way to :) Deal with confidence!

3. Bgrim66

Bgrim66

Dec 1, 2013
    Washington
    If you are a trace fan and looking to go bigger I have a v6 I might be looking to sell and I live in everett so I'm pretty close to you (like 30 minutes away)

4. Aussie-Sea

Aussie-Sea

Aug 29, 2014
    Seattle
    Hi there, I'm not interested in running tubes anymore. I've gone back to solid state, but the V-6 is a great amp. No question.

5. Bgrim66

Bgrim66

Dec 1, 2013
    Washington
    I am debating switching to solid state aswell I am switching back to upright and am looking at the gk 2001rb hahah

6. Aussie-Sea

Aussie-Sea

Aug 29, 2014
    Seattle
    GK is great stuff. I just got an 800RB! They've been backline for me on so many gigs and they always deliver. Funny that t took me so long to just figure out that I should just get one myself!

7. bassballs27

bassballs27 Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Ontario, CANADA
    Very cool. Not many of these up for sale! Good luck with the sale!

8. Aussie-Sea

Aussie-Sea

Aug 29, 2014
    Seattle
    Thanks! Yeah, it's been a great ride, but I'm back to solid state now.

9. Aussie-Sea

Aussie-Sea

Aug 29, 2014
    Seattle
    Amp is sold. Pending payment.