1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Trace elliot???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by animul, Aug 17, 2007.

1. animul

animul

Aug 17, 2007
    Metro-West Ma
    I'm heavily debating re-doing my whole rig. Right know all I have is an SWR 550X head which I like but need a little more eq and options, and an SWR Goliath III 4x10 which I've had a little trouble with distorted lows. . .
    I'm not sure whether I want to just add another golliath and then try a mo' bass pre-amp, or slowly switch over to a Trace Elliot 1200 (loads more power and eq otions) w/ dual 4x10's
    Thoughts??
    -Joey-

2. jarrod cunningham

jarrod cunningham

Apr 24, 2007
    sylacauga alabama
    spector basses
    i have a brand new trace 1210 combo that i dont use at all . actually goig to take it to G.C. and make a trade . my opinion at this point is stick with the swr . try the 550 on a 610 cab . i think youll love it without adding all the weight and another cabinet ....

3. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    So, other than the distorted lows, what do you not like about your rig?

4. animul

animul

Aug 17, 2007
    Metro-West Ma
    pretty much just the distortion and the weight, other than that I get a wicked nice sound. I'm just gonna stick with SWR and add another 4x10. That should take some of the stress off the other one and help me clean it up a bit. Thanks much!!

5. manja

manja

Aug 20, 2007
    i bought a 1210 combo a few weeks ago and i for one absolutely love it! it's got great, natural tone and my bass really comes through very nicely. i haven't found the low end to be problematic, and i play on a 5-string warwick rock bass that used to punish my previous amp due to the mad levels of low end it would push out. the mid and high ends sound absolutely amazing, it's punchy, clear and the 12 band eq is unrivalled. if you add a sansamp bass driver to that, you really get a smooth, punchy and solid sound. it might not go overboard on the low end but it's all a matter of preference anyway. i don't like a boomy, undefined low-end as a lot of guys seem to enjoy. for me, the trace is exactly what i've hoped for