1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

trace elliott info

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassplayer48, May 1, 2006.

1. hi all i have a trace bass combo a GPSM7 150 watt with a 10 inch speaker in an enclosed bin type of cab, i an considering putting a another cab on to it (it has an ext speaker jack both jacks say 8 ohms i was wondering if i am running another cab will this increase the power outpust to ? watts? any help would be great.

Chris Birnie
    Melbourne Australia

E chrisb@eyepromotions.com.au

2. Groundloop

Groundloop

Jun 21, 2005
    Toronto
    Firstly, welcome to TalkBass!

I'm not familiar with your combo, but my guess is that the head doesn't produce the full 150 watts until you connect an 8 Ohm extension cab.

You might be able to find the info you need by checking through the manuals here http://www.britishaudioservice.com/trace_operateinstru.shtml

Good luck.

3. Thanks nothing like reading the instructions! that has solved my question the amp runs at full power at 4 ohms so running it like it is with an 8 ohm speaker its only at maybe 90 watts so with the extra 8 ohm cab it will be running at full power.

2 x 8 ohms = 4 ohms.