1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tremolo install

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Rocky McD, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Rocky McD

Rocky McD

Jun 28, 2005
    San Antonio, Texas
    Builder,mcdcustomguitars
    What would be your "labor" quote on installing a Floyd Rose Tremolo and locking nut, on a new US Strat that had the standard bridge/trem? Including full disassembly and reassembly with setup.

2. mikeyswood

mikeyswood Inactive

Jul 22, 2007
    Cincinnati OH
    Luthier of Michael Wayne Instruments
    I quote $350. Could be a little less, but usually that's close to spot-on for me.

3. __HM__

__HM__

Aug 28, 2008
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Mikey, just out of curiosity, what would you charge just to route for the trem? And how about for a floyd nut shelf route? Thanks!

4. mikeyswood

mikeyswood Inactive

Jul 22, 2007
    Cincinnati OH
    Luthier of Michael Wayne Instruments
    ~$120ish for the Floyd route and ~$40ish for the nut route if the parts are stripped bare and returned bare.

5. __HM__

__HM__

Aug 28, 2008
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Damn.. thats tempting. lol. Whenever I get a couple bills free, I'll be dropping you a PM. Thanks Mikey.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 7, 2021