Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tremolo Techniques

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by freshmeat1989, Sep 16, 2005.

1. Hey guys,

On the bass I'm considering having made I'm thinking of putting a tremolo on, both to try new things out and to do something that noone around here does. I was just wondering what kind of tremolo techniques there are, and what they do. Things such as transposing, etc, etc.

P.S. Does anyone have any experience with the Hipshot Bass tremolo?

Rock On.

:bassist:

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    If you're looking for a trem for something new, you're looking in the right place, but they really aren't THAT useful. I've played a Hipshot and it was nice, but I still prefer the Kahler self-contained trems, they're great! Less routing involved, but still not TOO useful.

3. The Kahler is $347 bucks! Ouch!

I think it would be really cool to do some tasteful things with it while tapping and cool things with effects, but I was wondering if anyone knew some actual techniques there are while using tremolos?

4. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Do the Les Claypool thing and slam an open string and just pull up on the tremelo hard, or do divebombs so that the strings are tapping the fretboard.