1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale Troll Ribbon Mic

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Bass Amps, Strings, & Accessories' started by jondiener, Jun 23, 2018.

1. jondiener

jondiener Guy in the corner, looking at his phone on break. Gold Supporting Member

Price:
    Letting go of my Troll Ribbon Mic for double bass (like new). I bought it new from Brandon in April, 2018. Decided to simplify my upright setup for now and just stick with the Realist Lifeline pickup.

The mounting arrangement for this is very slick and non-damaging. It is suspended between the legs of the bridge via elastic bands. All specs, sound samples and videos can be found at the Troll Microphone site.

Sale includes all original packaging, accessories, etc.
    Asking $260 shipped CONUS, PayPal is fine. NO TRADES PLEASE.

EDIT: corrected year purchased to 2018, instead of 2016 (typo).

JSD-180623-Troll_Ribbon_Mic-_DSC1203. JSD-180623-Troll_Ribbon_Mic-_DSC1204. JSD-180623-Troll_Ribbon_Mic-_DSC1205. JSD-180623-Troll_Ribbon_Mic-_DSC1206.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  2. Joe Kyle Jr.

Joe Kyle Jr. Supporting Member

May 13, 2003
    SF, CA
    Any issues with the ribbon itself? Was phantom power ever accidentally sent to the mic?

3. jondiener

jondiener Guy in the corner, looking at his phone on break. Gold Supporting Member

No issues that I’m aware of. The mic was only out of the house for one pit orchestra gig (3 rehearsals and 3 performances). Otherwise, it’s been in my climate-controlled, smoke-free home.

After reading the phantom power warnings on the Troll site, I was extra careful about that!

4. Joe Kyle Jr.

Joe Kyle Jr. Supporting Member

May 13, 2003
    SF, CA
    Great. Thanks for your reply. Let me make sure I can cover July rent, then I will likely take this off your hands.