1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Trouble with realist pickup

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by doubletrouble, Mar 2, 2005.

1. doubletrouble

doubletrouble

Mar 2, 2005
    I am posting to ask if anyone else has had trouble with their Realist Pickup. I took my bass into the shop because I was not getting any gain without a preamp and my luthier ab'ed a new realist and if was obvious that mine had malfunctioned. It is just over a year old and the folks with the company said that they would "adjust the price" or i could pay to get it fixed. Either way, I am wondering why I am paying to have a reasonably new pickup which has never been off the bass shipped and repaired at all. I would think that for $200 you could expect more satisfaction than that. Plus, I have to either borrow or buy a pickup while it is sent off.
    Am i alone here, or is this a persistent problem? Is it worth sending off at all, or are there some suggestions on a better bang for my buck?

2. uptonbass

uptonbass Proprietor, Upton Bass String Instrument Co.

Oct 8, 2002
    Mystic CT
    Founder UptonBass.com