1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Trussrod Adjustment PROBLEMS!!

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by BassBrain, Oct 8, 2009.

1. BassBrain

BassBrain

Oct 8, 2009
    Hi Bass Pros!!

Yesterday i recieved my brandnew Warwick Corvette §§ 6 string!
    it came straight from the factory and had pretty high string-height.
    Not very hard to fix, but unfortunately the neck is still bowed forth even when the trussrod is all the way screwed in!
    When i press down the string at 1st and 24th fret there is about 1mm space at 9th fret between fret and string!
    That`s way too much for me!!
    Usually i prefer approximately 0,1mm space!

Can somebody help me?!
    :confused:

2. If what you say is true, you may wanna send that puppy back to the pound.....

Just go to the stickies under Hardware Setup & Repair and read about setup processes and sequence and make sure you haven't hosed something up

3. lethargytartare

lethargytartare

Sep 7, 2004
    Chicago
    Send it back!

4. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Sight down the neck - is the fingerboard wavy or straight (or at least have a reasonably smooth curve)?

You may have a bass with a bad truss rod and/or neck. If this is the case, it would be much cheaper to return it rather than fix it. I'd suggest taking it to a competent tech and get an assessment.