1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

TUNE basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by -Sam-, Apr 1, 2006.

1. -Sam-

-Sam-

Oct 5, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    hi! i tried to search but the word tune seems to come up quite alot on this forum!!!
    this is just a request for any info on newer TUNE basses particuarly 4 string of the TWB series.
    also any pics you can post would be awesome.
    i was looking at one on ebay and it seems really nice but i dont know much about it.
    thanks guys in advance:bassist: :bassist:

2. Bobster

Bobster

Mar 27, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Hi Bass_Mule;

You can get Korean made Tune basses at Sam Ash music

http://www.samash.com/catalog/search.asp

As I understand the story, there was some sort of licensing loophole and the company that makes the pickups for the Japanese version is selling their own Tune basses through Sam Ash.

Several members of the forum have them and they seem to like them.

Of course the Japanese ones are more expensive and believed to be better.

They are definately unique looking. I especially like the WB-4FM fretless hollowbody.

Good luck.

3. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    It is all in how you use the search function young grasshopper! :p

Using the TWB as my search criteria this is what I came up with:

Tune Basses
    Tune basses?
    Tune Basses? (actually another thread with the same title!)

Hope that helps get you started. There were more but these three were the most relevant.

Anyways, I really like the looks of them but haven't yet had the opportunity to try them out.

4. -Sam-

-Sam-

Oct 5, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    yeah i see where youre coming from. i put in TWB43 in stead of just TWB thanks mate.

5. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Australia
    Tune basses, both Japanese and Korean made, appear regularly on Aus ebay. Sometimes they're from dealers too, not just secondhand.
    Melbourne Music sells the SX Tune clone; no idea if it's any good.

6. -Sam-

-Sam-

Oct 5, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    Yeah im looking at an aussie austion right now. for a korean 4 string in walnut. it looks great but after a bit of research i reckon its a little over priced. plus being 17 means i dont really have that much dough so buying that would be my money gone for a year or two!! theres also a MIJ one on aussie ebay at the same time

7. instigata

instigata

Feb 24, 2006
    New Jersey
    how much dough is that. i just dropped 1k on a fender :)

and im 17.

that job over at target helped.

8. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    psh, I dropped 1.5k on an Ibby, and I'M 15!

I also really like the Tune basses as well, however, the Japanese ones are higher quality, and with higher quality comes a higher price. I converted their yen prices to USD, and most of the were above a grand. The tremolo ones though (which are really hot) were more around 2 grand.

Korean ones look awesome too. Good luck

Greg