Tune-O-Matic Narrow Spacing Bridge (2")

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kago, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Kago

Kago

Dec 25, 2008
    Hi,

I'm looking for a Tune-O-Matic Bass Bridge with Narrow Spacing of 2"
    All the ones I see are 2 - 1/4" spacing which is outside my EMG HB pickup range.
    Actually, all I would really need are un-notched saddles that are slightly wider than a standard saddle, then I can custom set the notches for the spacing I want.
    A standard saddle has an upper width of .615" and a .655" saddle would allow me to notch where I need. The lower width of .413" and the intonation screw hole would remain the same. I attached a quick paint sketch of the saddle (don't laugh, lol).
    If someone knows where to get them or who could custom build them for me it would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Hello.

I'm not sure how a wider saddle will give you narrower spacing. If you can cut new grooves .125 towards the center on the outer saddles and .0625 towards the center on the inside pair you'll have 2 inch spacing.

3. Kago

Kago

Dec 25, 2008

I agree that I can cut new grooves with the measurements you provide. That is my goal ultimately.
    The wider saddles just give a little more area since the groove will be close to the edge.
    I would buy standard saddles if I could find them without grooves.
    Since I can't find them, it looks like I will have to have them custom made.
    If I'm going to get them custom made, I want them a little wider, that's all.

If anyone knows where I can get saddles without grooves or with grooves set for 2" spacing, it would help me out a lot.
    If anyone knows where I can get saddles made, I would appreciate that information as well.

Thanks to anyone helping me with this issue, I appreciate it.
    Karl

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Oct 28, 2021