Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tunning question?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bluez Dawg, Jan 26, 2006.

1. Is it ok to tune you're bass to all flats?, and to use mostly during you're practice time, and in church?

2. junerig

junerig

Sep 12, 2005
    Do mean tune all strings down half a step?

3. You can tune your string however you'd like.

EADG (standard), EbAbDbGb (half-step down, flat), DAEB (drop D in 5ths), or ADGC (tenor bass??).

The only thing I would reccomend is not parcting bass one way and performing another. Keep it the same for everything, unless you need different tuning for different songs. You won't hurt your bass by using different tunings, you may break a string tho.

4. Ok thanks guys, I proble will just leave it as is.

5. if it feels good, DO IT!..........

6. Yep tune how you like - I tune C# G# C# F# on my 4 string, G# D# G# C# F# on my five!

7. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Not related to recording, so I'm moving this to misc.

8. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    i tune CGCF on one bass and the other is DADG.

it all depends on preference.

9. ii7-V7

ii7-V7

Aug 4, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    Can you tune your bass to all flats....

No! NO! no! and Emphatically No!

It might explode on you.

Oh, wait...Did you say tune your bass a different way?

Then, Yes! But only if you want to!

:bag:

10. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    You might want to stick with EADG for now, Derek, especially since you just learned your first tune recently.

Use the search feature and type in "tuning", and you'll probably find a lot of threads on the subject.

11. Actaully its my 3rd tune, I know pink floyd's money not very well, and the Blues Brothers song everybody needs some body, and now the peter gunn's them song nice eh?, btw I will stay EADG for now till I'am very familar with my bass.

:hyper: :ninja: :bassist: