Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Twiggy FX

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by B166ER, Dec 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Does anyone know what distortion/overdrive pedals Twiggy from M.M. uses? For instance on "Rock is Dead" or anything else. Plus does anyone know about what his rig setup may be. That might be more helpful.

I know he used a Gibson Thunderbird, a 410 and 115 cab.

2. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    we expect you mean "twiggy formerly of M.M., currently in a perfect circle" :smug:

3. After Forever

After Forever Banned

Feb 27, 2003
    Detroit area
    That dude is strange looking, I'm amazed his boney little girl arms can even pick up a bass.

4. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Well, he seems to be doing fine, and has for some years now.:rolleyes:

At least silly comments like this make you feel better, huh.

5. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    :mad: :mad:

I'm amazed your scrawny little brain can fire enough synapses to make your fingers press the keyboard.

*hits with twiggy loving, boney little girl arms*

6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Hmm, you might have better luck posting in the effects forum in the future. Uh, there is a website that shows just about every bassists setup, not sure where it is though. It's pretty cool, it might have Twiggy. I know he uses more than overdrive too, I think I've heard some wah from him too, I know he's got more that distortion. If I remeber correctly, Rock is dead is played clean, he's just got some harsh tone, Thunderbird as you pointed out. That and EQ settings and whatnot. Maybe someone knows that website I'm talking about and can point you in the right direction.

7. After Forever

After Forever Banned

Feb 27, 2003
    Detroit area
    Wowers, chill out people.
    My opinion is Maynard should stick with Tool only, but if he's going to do APC then get that hot girl bass player back, the real female.

8. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    ...Shouldn't you be 14?

9. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

I think what Brendan is saying is...

CLICK HERE AND STAY HERE!

10. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    haha..

I think hes saying, and i agree, that you act 13-14. I deifnitely dont belive that you are 22 or whatever your profile says. You type and think immaturely.

11. After Forever

After Forever Banned

Feb 27, 2003
    Detroit area
    your right i'm not 22...i'm 21

12. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Need Help?

13. Jay

Jay

Oct 19, 2000
    Bidwell, OH
    You've got to be kidding me. The grammar bit is funny though, I find myself pulling that all the time with my bandmates (I'm currently studying to be a professor of the English language).

Thank you and goodbye.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.