Two-Hand Touchstyle Compositions.

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Ten, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Ten

Oct 3, 2005
    Yo yo, whats goin' down? I rarely post here, but I've been browsing for a while, might as well make myself known a little.

Over the last year or so, I've developed into primarily a touchstyle/tapstyle player. I've recorded a few arrangements over the last few weeks, and I'd appriciate some input.

While, I'd rather get feedback on the one-track touchstyle pieces, feel free to browse and comment anything on my click.

Some notable tunes I'd prefer comments/critique on:

Linear Negatives
    Cevaratus, Vynn
    Capered to your Chrysalis

But then again, feel free to browse at your own discretion. :D

They're all one-track polyrhythmic tunes. Fundamentally my style is a minor melodic key melody with my plucking hand over a major key ascending/descending bassline/scale with my fretting hand. I like the "dark" atmosphere this creates. I also really like delay.

I really appriciate any time spent listening.

Thanks a bunch.
  2. hey ten.
    while you have decent technique i might to add that many of your two handed pieces sound very similiar. Try to change up the key and some of the tempos, maybe add a different time signature in there to change it up. I'll admit they sound good and very pretty in some instances but monotonous. You have good ideas. Also another piece of advice that I think might help is. Learn to groove. Your two handed pieces will sound fuller when have a good groove. You seem to have the melody just get a good groove going and voila.
  3. Ten

Oct 3, 2005
    Aye, it's sound advice. I totally agree, I have a very defined style that adds it's own little bit of irritating monotony. :D

Although, that's one of the reasons I posted the list, because they're pretty similar pieces.

I've got a few pieces with a more groovy feel, I'll see if I can get some MP3's of them up later tonight.

4. Ten

Oct 3, 2005
    Aww man, 1 reply in two days? You guys are killing my hope for this forum.

Lets hear from ya.