1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Tyre kickers!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bassclique, Jan 21, 2012.

1. bassclique

bassclique

Sep 28, 2011
    What is it with tyre kickers who think they can get your extrordinarily good bass for an extrodinarily good price?

Blymy, i'm not desperate for the money, just thought i'd put my bass up for sale and if i got a good price, i'd consider parting with it... Just as well, i don't want to sell it anyway, just got caught up in the whole Ebay thing.

Cracks me up when somebody says, "if you don't sell it, maybe <you can sell it to me at a significantly lower price"... Lol. As if... I feel like saying "thanks, you've made me realise i want to keep my extraordinarily good bass, lol"...

2. Lazylion

Lazylion Goin ahead on wit my bad self!

Jan 25, 2006
    Frederick MD USA
    They're just hoping you're desperate. They figure it doesn't hurt to try.

3. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Anytown USA
    It's the Craigslist effect.
    Dirk

4. jabsys

jabsys

Mar 30, 2011
    UK
    Don't ask & you don't get, there's lots of desperate people or people with no clue about what they're selling, I'll always make a low offer and try to get a bargain.

5. klejst

klejst

Oct 5, 2010
    It does not hurt to ask. It comes down to how fair the price is set at by the seller, what the offer is a potential buyer offers, and also how desperate (if at all) or fast you are wanting to sell the item. When I sold stuff in the past I never accepted completely low ball offers despite me setting my prices at reasonable fair amounts. However have accepted a few offers that were lower than my asking price, but still fair to me just to move the stuff.

6. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

It's always fair to ask. You can say no.