1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

UB Brescian vs Shen SB200 Willow 7/8

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by SHADOWISADOG, Jan 19, 2013.

1. SHADOWISADOG

SHADOWISADOG

Jan 31, 2010
    I'm deliberating between these two basses and would love some insight from anyone willing to share. The difference is about $1000 between the two, the Brescian being the higher priced bass. I used to own a Shen SB200 Willow 3/4 and was in LOVE - but, I didn't have much to compare it to at the time. I've got about 5 grand to spend, will spend up to 6 or so, for the right instrument.

Thanks for any help that is offered!

2. Herbie 80's

Herbie 80's

Dec 15, 2008
    I've heard very, very good things about the Brescian; and on UB's website, I believe they say it's their best instrument or something. Call and ask them about it!

I was thinking of buying one at one point as well.

3. neal davis

neal davis

Dec 29, 2006
    toronto canada
    I have a brescian, it is a nice bass, very clear and articulate. It isn't the loudest out of my basses but it sits very clear in a mix live and recorded. I don't think you can go wrong with either bass, see if you can play both and see what feels better to you.

4. artfahie

artfahie

Dec 14, 2007
    Bar Mills, Maine
    Brescians can run upwards of $6,000.... it seems to be the "hot" thing right now with UB. I believe they also sell shens, I guess you can ask them for a suggestion based on your needs... personally I like buying American whenever possible so I'm a little biased here. There's a lot out there (including NS) in that price range. I would imagine UB would be of great help on this, they seem pretty fair in their approach. I have a "Bohemenian" on order (It was an unexpected gift from my wife)... I keep telling myself to be patient.

Art

5. MaxJohnson

MaxJohnson

Jan 29, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    Get the Upton, they will build it how you want it.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 7, 2021