Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

UK'ers

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by NoFret, Mar 6, 2005.

1. NoFret

NoFret

Feb 15, 2003
    East Sussex , UK
    Without dropping any names and violating any conduct codes here, has the other UK based forum been taken down again? I'm getting an account suspended message when i log in :crying:
    Nick

2. Warwick player

Warwick player

Dec 31, 2002
    Bucks, UK
    Just about to ask the same question, anyone in the know?

3. Ello.

Looks like the Bassworld server's gone postal again. Have mailed Gerard and Ped for a diagnosis.

S.

4. NoFret

NoFret

Feb 15, 2003
    East Sussex , UK
    Ok I wasn't going to drop any names LOL

5. uh-oh, here we go again.....

there's a jinx on that site, I'm sure of it.

6. Yeah - that's a shame - the site needs a little bit of a boost anyway - but if it's not there then...hope it comes back soon

M

7. Well I've been informed it's down due to some defunct coding and should be up and running again later today.

If anyone thinks it could do with a "bit of a boost" then the site admin are always open to suggestions if anyone has any constructive advice - bear in mind it's still recovering from the total loss of the entire database when the original servers were "borrowed for investigative purposes" by the FBI.

While nowhere near as extensive as TalkBass, it still remains a very informative and on-the-whole community-minded forum in a quintessentially British way - tea and jaffas anyone? :)

S.

8. cool man - I admit I'm a newbie on the BW boards - and yes I'll have to think of some cunning plans to boost morale in the ranks - maybe a little knees up at the UK Guitar show is in order...?

M

9. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    It's down for me too. I've only recently joined Bassworld myself. One of the posters on there, Arrowheadguitars, came by on Friday to buy my Yamaha SBV500.

I was planning on flogging some more stuff through there this week. :(

10. *sigh*
    no doubt have to sign up again when it comes back....

11. thunderthief_29

thunderthief_29

Nov 20, 2004
    Lancs, Uk
    I just hope I dont loose my pms!!!!
    I had some addresses I needed for stuff I had sold.....

Mike

12. [poltergeist voice]

It's baaaa-aaaacK! :hyper:

All seems intact... except maybe Ped's sanity (was it ever there?). See you all there folks. I'm getting a migraine here.

S.

13. brycebites

brycebites

Mar 7, 2005
    UK
    Not no more. Any more news BT? :confused: :crying:

Chris.

14. back again now, only it seems to have reverted to the previous category layout...

15. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    Hi guys, ped ere. So THIS is where you all hang out? go on, go home, the lot of you!!

16. Someone needs to sort the hosting for Bassworld out again - it's gone down the pub again by the looks of things - doh! I can sort some hosting out if not...

M