1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ultimate bass recorder!

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by hauntedoak, Aug 20, 2007.

1. hauntedoak

hauntedoak

Apr 29, 2007
    I know it is about 100 different threads with this subject, I have searched, but it is much easier to just write a thread so I can tell what i am after.
    Its time to add a recorder to my gear.

I want a recorder with min: 8 tracks to mix on.
    I want something with quality

you know, just a trusted recorder that can record my bass lines through my amp/ or straight in, and the possibility to have about 8 or more layers upon each other. and of course mix the tracks on computer, that is what i usually will do.

any suggestions about some types I can consider?

thanks

2. I use a Tascam DP-01FX for audio recording and some times mixing if 8 tracks is enough. If more is needed I then load wav files into Cakewalk Home Studio for editing and mixing.
    I know daws get a bad rap but i am having really good luck with mine and the plus is that I have used several other players on my recordings and it is a breeze to go to them and record tracks.
    The only downside to this unit is the limitation of recording only 2 tracks at a time so I can only get a stereo 'live' drum track. But then I always hated having to do a seperate session to mix drums.