1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

UMMM, How do I....

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by RobBrochu, Feb 4, 2016.

1. tell my band that the reason this one particular song sounds so awful is because the stupid bass player(me) was playing the ABSOLUTE wrong notes? Totally wrong, as in not even freakin' close? OMG this is embarrassing!

Gabbs likes this.
  2. mbelue

mbelue

Dec 11, 2010
    Play it right next time at rehearsal?

Gearhead17 and Oldschool94 like this.
  3. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    Ya don't tell them anything and just play the right notes next time.

4. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    What Joe said.

In fact, when you get done playing it correctly act all incredulous about it and say "Well, it's about time you guys learned your parts! Last time we played that it sounded like poopy!"

Fake it 'til you make it, man.
    :thumbsup:

5. ak56

ak56 Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2015
    Carnation, Wa
    Just tell them you have a different bass line you'd like to try with the song. Don't tell them the other one was wrong.

Cap'n Redbeard and Joe Nerve like this.
  6. Play it correctly next time and say "its about time you guys got it right!"

Gabbs likes this.
  7. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    Honestly is the best policy, and it gives you all something to laugh together about later.

8. My lead singer laughed about it and shrugged it off. She's great! The drummer? He's cool, but probably will just let it go from here on out.