1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

*Updated: wanted REDDI, used a Magnecorder

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Karl Kaminski, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Karl Kaminski

Karl Kaminski Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2008
    NYC
    HI Guys,
    I just got a last minute date Sunday 6/3 (I'll be at Kizmit in BK) and hoping a fellow TBer in NYC area would be willing to loan me/ rent me their Reddi for the day. I have some other options but would really like to use a Reddi for this project—seller's remorse ;)

Please PM me, Thanks!

(Mods: Unsure if this kind of request is prohibited, please remove if it is)

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  2. Karl Kaminski

Aug 26, 2008
    NYC
    HI Guys,
    Well as it turns out I didn't get a loaner Reddi, but my other option turn out to be success. I got to use a 1953 Magnecorder Tube Preamp with my L2500, it sounded great! [Hear clips posted below]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    Stumbo likes this.
  3. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    the Cali Intergalctic Mind Space
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo
    Any pics of the Magnacorder?

4. Karl Kaminski

Aug 26, 2008
    NYC
    IMG_0030.
    I didn't have a lot of time before I setup but I took 3 shots of his board/room setup... heres the rack with the Magnecorder. Sorry no closeups or with it powered on. lol, Theres something about those lit-meters! So cozy ;) And a sound like Butta!

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  5. Karl Kaminski

Aug 26, 2008
    NYC
    ..actually heres a pic from his site

:.

6. Karl Kaminski

Aug 26, 2008
    NYC
    Hi,
    I thought I'd post some audio from that session. This is a 2008 G&L L2500 (setting: active Pre w/ series OMG mod, Both Pup, Vol 85%, T75%, B70%) into a 1953 Magnecorder, flat EQ, nothing else in the channel strip. Clip A, we pushed the Magnecorder for more bite/crunch.

*These clips are just the RAW audio tracks bounced from the stereo out bus (No EQ/mix/etc) so its a pretty transparent image of the bass and Preamp.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018