*Updated: wanted REDDI, used a Magnecorder

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Karl Kaminski, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Karl Kaminski

Karl Kaminski Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2008
    NYC
    HI Guys,
    I just got a last minute date Sunday 6/3 (I'll be at Kizmit in BK) and hoping a fellow TBer in NYC area would be willing to loan me/ rent me their Reddi for the day. I have some other options but would really like to use a Reddi for this project—seller's remorse ;)

Please PM me, Thanks!

(Mods: Unsure if this kind of request is prohibited, please remove if it is)

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  2. Karl Kaminski

Aug 26, 2008
    NYC
    HI Guys,
    Well as it turns out I didn't get a loaner Reddi, but my other option turn out to be success. I got to use a 1953 Magnecorder Tube Preamp with my L2500, it sounded great! [Hear clips posted below]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    Stumbo likes this.
  3. Stumbo

Stumbo Guest

Feb 11, 2008
    Any pics of the Magnacorder?

4. Karl Kaminski

Aug 26, 2008
    NYC
    IMG_0030.jpg
    I didn't have a lot of time before I setup but I took 3 shots of his board/room setup... heres the rack with the Magnecorder. Sorry no closeups or with it powered on. lol, Theres something about those lit-meters! So cozy ;) And a sound like Butta!

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  5. Karl Kaminski

Aug 26, 2008
    NYC
    ..actually heres a pic from his site

:.jpg

6. Karl Kaminski

Aug 26, 2008
    NYC
    Hi,
    I thought I'd post some audio from that session. This is a 2008 G&L L2500 (setting: active Pre w/ series OMG mod, Both Pup, Vol 85%, T75%, B70%) into a 1953 Magnecorder, flat EQ, nothing else in the channel strip. Clip A, we pushed the Magnecorder for more bite/crunch.

*These clips are just the RAW audio tracks bounced from the stereo out bus (No EQ/mix/etc) so its a pretty transparent image of the bass and Preamp.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 22, 2022