Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by timmyc, Feb 15, 2006.

1. timmyc

Nov 29, 2005
    At the moment my setup is:

MAG 300H head (307 watts)
    MAG 115 cab (1 15" cab)
    MAG 210 (2 10" cab)

Now this was my first head/cab setup and has served me fine for the last year or so but to be honest it does sound a bit naff, I have bought a programmable Sansamp Bass Driver which has made it sound alot better (bigger/fatter/meaner hehe). I dont have much money so I was wondering what would you guys do? What would have the biggest improvement upgrading the cab(s) or head, each cab sounds pretty naff on its own as it either lacks punch or any form of bass.

So is it the cabs or amp that has to go? I know the best option is getting rid of both but I dont think I could afford that so its one or the other I am thinking. Any help appriciated.

Cheers, Tim
  2. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    I have a programmable BDDI. I use it as my preamp and DI. I run it into an Acoustic Image Focus SA III power amp, then to a Bergantino HT112. Great sound, pretty loud and very light and small.

It sounds like you like the BDDI so keep it and use it as your preamp/DI. Sell your head and buy a nice power amp.

Keep your cabs for now as they are pretty versitile. You can use one or the other or both, depending on the situation.