1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Upgrades

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Dakota Curry, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Dakota Curry

Dakota Curry

Dec 21, 2015
    Las Vegas
    I'm looking to upgrade my 4 string by adding new pick-ups, the bass is a MM jazz bass. Any one know if I can use regular active pick ups and still use the passive setting when the bass is switched to passive mode?

2. Active/passive switching is merely preamp bypass switching. When you go into passive mode, the preamp is not going to be in the circuit.

If you choose to use active pickups, be mindful of two things. Firstly, you will need to change the value of the pots, to suit the impedance of the pickups. Secondly, you may raise the noisefloor and decrease your headroom, by having both active pickups, and a preamp.

3. JustForSport

JustForSport

Nov 17, 2011
    Why are the posts shown on my phone (between 3:33 and 7:34) not showing here?

Thread re-start and wasted replies?

Edit: Ok, I see- duplicate threads with the same name posted at different times. Why?