upgrading to a schecter Siletto studio?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Low End, Nov 5, 2004.

1. Low End

Low End

Nov 4, 2004
    Hi, I have a yamaha rbx170, which is my beginner bass. i am wanting to upgrade to a new bass. I want something easy to play with good action and that is well built. also want something versitile. whats everyones opinion on the schecter siletto studio 4 stringer? anybody have/played one. is there a better bass for the price range($600.00)? thanks
  2. I have a studio 5. I like it. For the price, it's a steal.

I got a hardcase w/ mine for 5 cents at guitar center.
  3. Low End

Low End

Nov 4, 2004
    Thanks for the reply.. anyone else?
  4. Schecter's are excellent basses for the money
    Get it.

cant wait till I get my Schecter stileto studio 8!!! :hyper:
  5. werner vw

werner vw

Mar 26, 2004
    Hi! I ve got a stiletto studo bass 6 since more than 8 month. It's awesome, very good finished bass, very good price, great versatility. Two of my music prof (guitar and bass guitar) said it's very good bass.

For this price it's exellent.
  6. saxybill1

saxybill1 Attorney

Nov 9, 2004
    I would certainly check out the Musicman Bongo Basses and the Spector bass before I finalize my decision, although Schector does a fine job with their basses. There all in the same ballpark price wise, just some suggestions to open your scope of selection. I happen to like all of them; however, I personally prefer the Musicaman Stingray that I have. You can easily find a mint condition used bass that would equate to a new Schector.

7. luknfur

Jan 14, 2004

I picked up a modified Schec Elite 4 in excellent condition for $280 w/hsc. Had Bart M34C's and frets had been dressed and neck was straight. Very good craftsmanship. Well balanced, comfortable, about 8 1/2lbs. Low action, played great. Had a huge control bay that you could transplant any preamp under the sun into.

I personally don't like NT's and the pup configuration limits options in terms of transplanting pup to vary tone.