1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Upton Pickup EQ?

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Mike Law, Mar 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Mike Law

Mike Law

Sep 16, 2014
    CT
    Can any users please enlighten me on their EQ amp/preamp setups? Not sure which model I have but mine seems extremely boomy in the low end?

2. sevenyearsdown

sevenyearsdown Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Sanborn, NY
    How about some more information on your rig?

Mike Law likes this.
  3. drurb

drurb Oracle, Ancient Order of Rass Hattur; Mem. #1, EPC

Apr 17, 2004
    Are you referring to the Rev Solo? Of course, tone-shaping settings are very much dependent on the pickup along with the cabinet in use and the room in which you're playing. I can, however, offer some general advice assuming that the Rev Solo has been installed properly. First, I highly recommend using the Rev Solo with a high-pass filter (HPF). Fdeck's pre-amp/HPF is the "Swiss Army knife" of amplification. If you don't have a HPF, then I suggest that you go right here and get one. I suggest that you get the Series 2. Second, with the Rev Solo, I generally found that a roll-off in the lower midrange was helpful with a slight boost in the upper frequencies (around 4 kHz or so). Take that only as a rough guide.

HateyMcAmp and Mike Law like this.
  4. Mike Law

Mike Law

Sep 16, 2014
    CT
    Thanks I am going into a v2 Bassbone switcher and then into a TC Electronics 250 watt 15" combo. The amp tends to be boomy in the lows. I will try cutting lows on the pedal - it did sound great with the HPF engaged. Thanks for the help.

5. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    Hey Mike, you're starting to look just like Willy Dixon :roflmao:

Mike Law likes this.
  6. Mike Law

Mike Law

Sep 16, 2014
    CT
    DUDE! WASSSUP!