1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

SOLD USA SPECTOR FORTE 5 SOLID FLAME MAPLE W/SPECTOR HSC

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by iceboxbass, Jan 1, 2021.

1. iceboxbass

iceboxbass Living the Dream! Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Michigan
    Price:
    $2500.00
    Strings:
    United States
    Never thought I’d ever be selling this one, AGAIN. One of the earliest Forte 5’s built! I was the original owner that custom ordered this beautiful Spector Forte 5. It came back to me a little more than 2 years ago. But as it goes sometimes, I’ve gone in a different bass direction. I haven’t played this bass in about 2 years. Only gigged at church. Sits in the HSC in climate controlled room non-smoker. This Forte 5 has been well taken care of as some on this forum can attest to as they’ve been owners of this bass as well. Built date and signed by Stuart Spector 2/28/2012. It still looks like the day I received it out of the box. Specs as follows; Neck is 3 piece American Rock Maple dual action truss rod W/graphite support rods Neckthru 35” scale, Pau Ferro fretboard highly figured with marker side dots 24 frets, Body’s 2 piece solid American Flamed Maple (Which doesn’t come standard anymore) carved top scooped back for ergonomic playing hugs to your body, Bridge is black painted solid Brass locking bridge W/adjustable brass saddles, Electronics is Spector US HAZ 18V preamp TONS OF GROWL but can dial in nice clean/clear tone a very versatile preamp also lots of headroom, control knobs are vol, pickups, stacked bass/treble, it has a dummy control knob at bottom position as this bass was originally ordered with a Aguilar OBP-3 but it was swapped out by a previous owner, Pickups are EMG-40P neck EMG-40DC bridge they are plug-in type so you can swap out without soldering involved, comes with the original Spector brand HSC custom formed interior to the Forte 5. Asking $2500.00, $80.00 shipping,
    WILL ONLY SHIP IN US & CANADA(If shipped to Canada buyer will be responsible for any & all border custom
    charges/fees) will be fully insured for selling price.
    New this Forte 5 is selling for $4399.00 in Swamp Ash but not in Solid Flamed Maple.
    Payment preferred PayPal or other arrangements if preferred, will be shipped next business day upon confirmed payment.

80278B27-2C4F-44AD-BBA1-90690A99DD17.jpeg 626AFAC7-778A-4A2A-B665-72712F38FF6F.jpeg E0115C30-652F-4967-81CB-B40B06C45FF6.jpeg 75539F04-EAC0-48E3-BFC1-7535CB8E8D85.jpeg F542BD5E-ED60-43DB-9876-C000BB56FC2E.jpeg E3DA5194-65CE-47C5-ACCC-556F8103C53E.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
    e.rich, 21DaHoagie12, dpaul and 9 others like this.
  2. Drifter8230

Drifter8230

Sep 4, 2020
    NOVA
    I just came here to say that is a kicka** Spector, beautiful. With that 18 V HAZ and EMG pickups I know that thing purrs like a panther.

iceboxbass likes this.
  3. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Sep 24, 2007
    Bethel CT
    That would be the prefect companion for my Forte 6

e.rich and iceboxbass like this.
  4. iceboxbass

Feb 22, 2010
    Michigan
    Hey thank you Drifter! :) it pains me to sell. I’ve been on the bubble about it for several months. Especially after buying her back. Oh man does it ever purr and growl! Hope it goes to a good home where it’ll be appreciated.

5. iceboxbass

Feb 22, 2010
    Michigan
    It sure would be. After I ordered this Forte 5 I already had a Forte 4 and I was talking with PJ Rubal about building me a Forte 6 which he said that Stuart would. That was before Forte 6 came out. A Forte trifecta! Lol

AdamR likes this.
  6. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Sep 24, 2007
    Bethel CT
    I have the Forte 6, A Euro 6lx and two Euro 5's. I keep saying I need to 4s to young out the collection. Lol

iceboxbass likes this.
  7. iceboxbass

Feb 22, 2010
    Michigan
    Very nice collection! I tell ya what, The Forte 4 was my first USA built Spector. When I took it in my hands for the first time, WOWZERS, I was blown AWAY with the feel, balance and craftsmanship! I ordered the Forte 5 right away! Though I’ve toyed with the idea of getting a Spector 6r many times, I just haven’t justified it yet. At least with me playing mostly CCM.

Rod Harder likes this.
  8. BEADG63

BEADG63 Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Buffalo, NY
    Good lord, that is gorgeous! Yer killin' me, Smalls! :cool:

iceboxbass likes this.
  9. iceboxbass

Feb 22, 2010
    Michigan
    :D Thank you.:)

BEADG63 likes this.
  10. Rod Harder

Rod Harder Forte Collector - not done yet Supporting Member

Darn Michael, I would love to own this one again but it's not in the cards, I'm a seller once again myself thanks to 2020 and the challenges it gave us all.
    I can say without question that this is one of the best sounding basses I have ever played, and I've owned hundreds over the years.
    I can also say that Ice is one of the most trustworthy and honest sellers I've ever dealt with.

e.rich, AB Nate and iceboxbass like this.
  11. iceboxbass

Feb 22, 2010
    Michigan
    I hear ya Rod 2020 was a very rough year everywhere.
    I really thought that I’d be gigging more with the Forte 5...But, daddy needs a Fretless.
    Thanks for the shoutout brother

Rod Harder likes this.
  12. iceboxbass

Feb 22, 2010
    Michigan
    I would like to add, that the neck on this Forte 5 is one of the thinnest front to back that I’ve held in my hands. Not a baseball bat by any means.

AdamR likes this.
  13. iceboxbass

Feb 22, 2010
    Michigan
    Pending

14. iceboxbass

Feb 22, 2010
    Michigan
    And SOLD!

Rod Harder likes this.
  15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 16, 2021