Dismiss Notice

Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, get alerts, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

USB interface for recording bass in Ableton Live?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by SouthTunnel, Mar 31, 2014.

1. SouthTunnel

SouthTunnel

Jun 9, 2013
    I play bass for a local band in Charlotte, NC, and on the side create my own music... Mostly electro/house/dub step-ish. I'd like to mix in a bass track occasionally, but the only interface I have is a Behringer Guitar Link, which sucks!

What "affordable" USB interface would you recommend. And what setup/connection do you recommend? I'm a bit of a newb with recording hardware, so bare with me

I play a Warwick Thumb, and am using Ableton Live on a Lenovo T440, which is good enough for me right now... Don't really want to upgrade any of that.

2. ArtechnikA

ArtechnikA I endorsed a check once... Gold Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2013
    SEPA
    I'm using a Scarlett 2i2 about $150

3. Register_To_Disable

4. I use the Scarlett 2i2 as well ! It's a high quality interface. At times, I connect it using a Behringer DI box. If you're a passive bass, you might need a DI box (there are some reported issues of passive ones clipping on the 2i2). I wouldn't worry about it though.

5. jaabberwocky

jaabberwocky

Mar 11, 2014
    Singapore
    I've been using a Steinberg UR22 and it has been excellent with recording instruments and vocals. No clipping and sounds pretty clean and neutral.

6. pfschim

pfschim Just a Skeleton with a Jazz bass

Apr 26, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    I have used the Native Instruments Guitar Rig 1 input USB interface with good results. I think it ran me $99
    I currently use a Focusrite Scarlett 18i6. Much more in/out options Great mic preamps in this interface too. Cost was $249 when I got mine.

good luck