1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

USB Preamp?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Matt Till, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I figured out what I want to ask Santa for.

I get pressed for "What do you want for Christmas?" about this time of year from my mom. I've been doing home recording direct for years. It works, but it's always been a bit noisey.

Is USB the best (cheap) way to record? If so what's the best (cheap) USB Preamp OR what's the best (cheap) alternative.

Home recordings
    Hum Free
    CHEAP.

:D

Hmmm: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/prod...X1-USB-RecordingModeling-Interface?sku=249700

Is that as awesome as it seems? I don't need amazing, I just want decent, I like the amp modeling concepts. But yeah, that's kinda what the prices seem to average at.

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
  3. csholtmeier

csholtmeier

Feb 8, 2004
    omaha, ne
    I just got the UX2 and I really like it for the pricepoint. The bundled Ableton software is useless but luckily there are some really good free daws out there (Reaper). The tones are all very usable, I actually prefer the bass tones to my RBI.

I run the UX2 in ASIO so there is no latency.

If you want super cheap, Behringer has a 16bit interface for $29.

4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Cool, thanks.