1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Used Tobias Killer B 5 string

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jhan, Apr 27, 2010.

1. jhan

jhan Guest

Saw this online at a shop close to me. A used Tobias Killer B five string, swamp ash, Bartolini pups, nice condition. They want $1500. I believe it's an older model, not a newer one, which I've heard has some issues.

Price sound right? Having trouble dfinding out what the original cost of these things were.

2. 73jbass

73jbass Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    Some have issues,some dont. I have a Killer B 6 that I adore.No build quality issues at all. 1500 for an early one is is pretty steep. I'd say 1000 max.

3. oldno.7

oldno.7

Aug 23, 2009
    I've got a 1995 Tobias Killer B 5 string--lacewood. It has Bartolini soapbars, a 5 piece maple/purpleheart neck, Grover tuners, "Tobias" engraved in the bridge and all black hardware. The headstock is black with a pearloid Tobias logo. My best recollection is that it cost $1,900 (closer to $2,000) new at the time.

4. jhan

jhan Guest

The bass I saw has a lot of the same, minus the lacewood, so it's probably from the same era. Black hardware, black headstock, pearloid Logo, Grover tuners. In that case, $1,500 is a bit much. $1100 sounds better.

5. tycobb73

tycobb73

Jul 23, 2006
    Grand Rapids MI
    I sould mine for something south of $800 I believe.

6. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    Nice bass but that's a bit high.