Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

V-amp

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by gilbert46, Feb 28, 2005.

1. gilbert46

gilbert46

Sep 21, 2004
    Sacramento, CA
    Im not having much luck finding what the v-amp can do. Can I run multipe effects like reverb delay and overdrive at the same time? I'm hopin I could get a reverb all the time and switch off overdrive and chorus, or some other effects. Can it do this and sound decent?

2. AldiMeola

AldiMeola

Feb 28, 2005
    Yeah, you can run certain effects like reverb and chorus on it's own. But in my opinion the effects sound like poop. Wait.... more like hot steamy poop. The bass overdrives suck, You're better off using the guitar distortion models on the thing. The chorus is horrible as well. But on a lighter note, the reverbs and delays are pretty good, as well as the amp models. And for 100 bucks it's pretty tempting. I would save up and get the Basspod xt from line 6. I had both (the V amp & the pod) & the xt kills the V amp in every way.

3. gilbert46

gilbert46

Sep 21, 2004
    Sacramento, CA
    Thats good to know. If the effects are bad, I have boss OD and chorus pedals. Would they effectivly work before the unit? I think i miscommunicated overdrive. Would the high gain tube amp sim be in the stinky poop catagory? alittle crunch and reverb with delay on call would be great. Either way, i think i just answered my own question. Thanks!