SOLD Valenti #183, 5-string Jazz (VTJ5), Nordstrand Big Splits

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by drgregn, Oct 18, 2016.

1. drgregn

drgregn Granddude Supporting Member

May 13, 2002
    North of DFW, TX
    Price:
    $1400
    Strings:
    Putting my Valenti up for sale - bought new from Nino, in excellent condition, with minimal playwear, no significant dings or other cosmetic issues, no fretwear, plays very easily with low action and all the tone you'd expect from Nordstrand pickups with my preferred nut width of 1 3/4" and 18mm string spacing.

56C81585-C019-4430-B6B2-BED0057B4404_zpsxb8ltv64.jpg

This is a beautiful instrument - Nino's basses are very well done in my experience. I had intended to put a preamp in when I got it but he convinced me to try it out passive first. When it arrived and I played it I completely forgot about that mod. :) Who needs a pre with this bass! I also wasn't sure about the VVT setup but it is amazingly flexible with only small adjustments needed to provide most all the tonal variation I need. I did change out the Big Singles that were originally installed to Big Splits because of the horribly noisy environment in the church where I play most often, and I can't really tell any difference tone-wise although the SC noise of course vanished.

Only selling because I'm playing more acoustic guitar these days and just bought a new guitar so something has to go.

SPECS:
    Swamp Ash
    Body Weight: 8.25LBS
    Vintage Tint Finish
    Graphite Reinforced Maple Neck
    Pau Ferro fretboard 1-3/4"
    Nut Width 34" Scale
    Nordstrand Big Split Pickups
    HipShot Vintage Bridge (18mm)
    HipShot UltraLite Tuning Gears
    No preamp installed - VVT knob setup.

$1400 obo shipped to lower 48, pro packing and boxing in a well padded gig bag. No international sales, will consider Hawaii and Alaska but any additional shipping to be at seller's expense. More pics below - will take some outside current pics soon but this is all I have till then. Trades not likely since I'd rather have the cash but you can certainly ask.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/drgregn/Valenti Ash RW Passivew Big Singles/87B500B3-D076-45E1-A79F-76D482DDD3A7_zpswu7nouu8.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/drgregn/Valenti Ash RW Passivew Big Singles/FEE0A667-2E10-48FA-B593-E2EB697CEA80_zpssikqfsao.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/drgregn/Valenti Ash RW Passivew Big Singles/866A270A-3ED5-4F0F-A4E3-03B518565218_zpsb6nebopx.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/drgregn/Valenti Ash RW Passivew Big Singles/0522D14C-AF08-4380-8E37-AE25BF5B9240_zpsmawq0cgd.jpg

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  2. MusicDad

MusicDad Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Wow. Just... wow. It's PERFECT!

Nino Valenti likes this.
  3. drgregn

May 13, 2002
    North of DFW, TX
    Thanks - it is indeed.

4. drgregn

May 13, 2002
    North of DFW, TX
    $1500 shipped.

5. MrLenny1

MrLenny1 Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2009
    New England
    8.25 lbs, nice.
    Is the body chambered?

6. Dec_BassManMiers

Dec_BassManMiers

Sep 30, 2014
    Wow!!!! Only if it had the active pre...gorgeous axe

7. drgregn

May 13, 2002
    North of DFW, TX
    Don't know about chambered body - as far as I know Nino doesn't do that but not sure. Weight is from original info per Nino.

I thought the same thing before I got it but don't anymore. Lots of variety there. I will rarely use a preamp if I want a really processed sound but hardly ever.

8. drgregn

May 13, 2002
    North of DFW, TX
    Price drop to $1400.

9. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I do offer chambered bodies. This one is a solid body

drgregn likes this.
  10. Holdsg

Holdsg Talkbass > Work Gold Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    nice combination, great wood, fantastic pickups. I'm tempted but tapped out. GLWTS

drgregn likes this.
  11. drgregn

May 13, 2002
    North of DFW, TX
    to the top! Reasonable offers considered...

12. bass12

bass12 Have You Met Grace Jones?

Jun 8, 2008
    Montreal, Canada
    Such a lot of bass for the money. If only the Canadian dollar was stronger! Gorgeous bass and a great seller.

drgregn likes this.
  13. drgregn

May 13, 2002
    North of DFW, TX
    On hold pending payment.

14. drgregn

May 13, 2002
    North of DFW, TX
    Done deal - sold & shipped. Thanks, Tom.

15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 25, 2022