1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

VARIAX BASSES UPCOMING?

Discussion in 'Line 6' started by alangoldstein, Apr 25, 2010.

1. alangoldstein

alangoldstein

Jul 23, 2007
    Charleston, SC
    Endorsments: Aguilar, Hartke, DR strings, Analysis Plus "Oval" Cables
    will line 6 ever make another variax bass 5 - 6 strings? please?

i saw the all new variax guitars upcoming and they look sick. and sound sick.

let me know ok?

thanks line 6.

2. CyberSnyder

CyberSnyder Gold Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Maryland
    I Endorse Alien Audio Basses
    Line 6 never comments on future product releases. That's an SEC requirement -- and they're not a bank.

My personal speculation is that they're getting the guitars down and they'll be released late summer. I'd guess that we'll see four and five string basses announced at Winter NAMM 2011. I highly doubt we'll see a six string bass. There just isn't enough demand for the high string versus the low B.

Let's just assume for sake of argument that there will be a Variax Bass in the future. We know that the processor has 4x the processing power of the previous model. What should be done with the extra horsepower? Drop tuning? I doubt I'd use it but others may. Pitch shifting always sounds crappy on bass but if they can do it well, it would be a plus. So if they used double the power for each model and transposition was a no go, I think two sounds at once would be interesting.

3. alangoldstein

alangoldstein

Jul 23, 2007
    Charleston, SC
    id hope for more authentic tones. the last one didnt convince me to buy it .

if they can nail the rickenbacker and jazz basses , the music man, and other more modern tones , maybe even a banjo bass or sitar bass, something crazy, or a q tron / mutron bass sound too......

yes on the pitch shift that could be cool too. this way if i strung it e a d g c , i could drop to D or C or even B that would be sick.

maybe a really good chorus built in.....

since they wont make a 6 string vari - bass.

ok hope they are reading this!

4. jdthebassman

jdthebassman

Jul 11, 2010
    I have a variax 700, what do you think of them? will they ever become collector items. I like some of the settings 8string, synth p bass etc.

5. CyberSnyder

Jun 19, 2003
    Maryland
    I think it will be as much of a collector's item as the Peavey MidiBase is now. That is, interesting, but not highly sought after. There are probably too many of them around to hope for a increasing resale value.

6. tbink

tbink

Jan 7, 2011
    Can the Variax 700 guts be upgradable? ie: can we take our older ones and have them redone?

7. CyberSnyder

Jun 19, 2003
    Maryland
    No.

8. alangoldstein

alangoldstein

Jul 23, 2007
    Charleston, SC
    new v basses planned ?

9. CyberSnyder

Jun 19, 2003
    Maryland
    Probably, but Line 6 won't comment on future products.

10. alangoldstein

alangoldstein

Jul 23, 2007
    Charleston, SC
    i wanna know if they are doing a new looper also. to replace jm4

11. CyberSnyder

Jun 19, 2003
    Maryland
    Again, Line 6 does not comment on upcoming products. Even when you see verifiable pictures of a new product, they still won't comment. With the JM4, I doubt that there will be a new version. You don't see a lot of comments about it which would infer that it doesn't sell that well compared to other Line 6 products.

12. alangoldstein

alangoldstein

Jul 23, 2007
    Charleston, SC
    it would sell better with more memory it only has like what 29 mins ?

13. CyberSnyder

Jun 19, 2003
    Maryland
    24 minutes, but you can add a 2GB SD card to get up to 6 hours. A 2GB SD card is definitely less than $10 -- unless you buy it at a photo shop.

14. alangoldstein

alangoldstein

Jul 23, 2007
    Charleston, SC
    sweet I'm in talks with a guy selling a used jm4