Very straight forward

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Salted, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Salted

Salted

Feb 18, 2008
    I'm looking to buy a Squier Bass, but am not shure what to go for, has anyone used either of these two models?

J-Bass standard

or

J-Bass Deluxe Jazz Bass IV

Basically, one's active the other isn't, and the active one's body is made of basswood vs an agathis body.

Many thanks again :)

2. I can vouch for the deluxe, its a brilliant bass. Doesn't do 'vintage' but imo it is the best bass for under $1k

3. echoSE7EN

echoSE7EN

Jul 1, 2010
    Balto., MD
    The deluxe is a surprisingly great bass for under $1k (as bobbth said).

4. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    I have the an active V and IV. The 4 I turned into my boob bass II. I never used it because I haven't had a gig that called for it. If you're interested I'm willing to let it go for $200 + shipping. Have way too many basses (w 2 more coming in) and that one never gets played.

As for what I think of them, I bought the 4 after playing the 5 for a year. I think they're the best basses for the money on the market.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/fs-boob-bass-ii-669914/

5. Rockmusician

Rockmusician Inactive

You can get an MIA for less than $1k. I would do that rather than buy a Squier.

6. Salted

Salted

Feb 18, 2008
    Guys, I bought the active today, and couldn't be happier, works pretty well with my sweet 15!!

Thx a mil for your help :)

7. PICTURES - not fair unless there's lots of pictures!

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 30, 2021