1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Victory

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by curbowkid, Aug 5, 2012.

1. curbowkid

curbowkid Guest

Jun 27, 2011
    Brooklyn, New York
    I've been kicking my own *** trying to get les claypools technique down on tommy the cat, and I did it. :bassist:

Sorry it's probably nothing special but I'm happy with my accomplishment.

2. Good job man. It's always great when you accomplish something you've really spent time on. You do it on fretless?

3. curbowkid

curbowkid Guest

Jun 27, 2011
    Brooklyn, New York
    Thanks! And ican do it on both my 6 string ibanez sr506 fretted and my custom built 4 string fretless with 18mm spacing.

4. FrednBass

FrednBass

Feb 24, 2012
    Hooray!

5. parmezans

parmezans

Nov 25, 2011
    Good job man. :)
    Maybe you could record yourself, make it private and link it here? Share it with fellow members, you'll get good feedback, no matter if it's positive or negative.

6. curbowkid

curbowkid Guest

Jun 27, 2011
    Brooklyn, New York
    I will once I get the whole song down and make a sound cloud account ;)

7. t77mackie

t77mackie

Jun 13, 2012
    Wormtown, MA
    I was able to fudge Jerry Was a Racecar Driver when that CD came out (I'm old). Tried Tommy the Cat and said, "Screw that!"

Good work!

8. curbowkid

curbowkid Guest

Jun 27, 2011
    Brooklyn, New York
    Thank you ! It's pretty tricky but once you get it, it's a cake walk. If walking on cake is your thing :smug:

9. curbowkid

curbowkid Guest

Jun 27, 2011
    Brooklyn, New York
    AND ANOTHER AFTER ONE WEEK. The opening to Classical Thump, you know who that's from.