1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Vintage Fender Loudspeakers Question

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by Snowglo, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Snowglo

Snowglo Pro Aris et Focis

Nov 15, 2013
    Orygun
    U.S. Military endorsement since 1984
    Spotted these Fender 2-12 HF's at a antique store yesterday. Pretty decent shape. Both have been retrofitted with some ugly casters. The store is asking $200 for the pair. I don't need them at all, but might pick them up if they are worth it cleaning up and flipping. I didn't plug them in, so I have no idea if they are even capable of producing sound.

Any ideas what year these are and if they were/are considered decent cabinets?

Thanks,
    -1SG Noff

2. Snowglo

Snowglo Pro Aris et Focis

Nov 15, 2013
    Orygun
    U.S. Military endorsement since 1984
    Forgot the pic's

ImageUploadedByTalkBass1404050752.483820.

ImageUploadedByTalkBass1404050769.407977.

3. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    ha ha, no.

if i needed speakers for my band practice room and someone was giving them away for free (and they tested to be working perfectly) i might bother to go pick them up. maybe not even then.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
  4. Circa - 1980
    They are P.A. speakers that you could buy the Fender MA-6 mixer for.
    $200 is fair value - no money in flipping them.

5. john m

john m Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2006
    IMO $200 is too much. Add another $100 and you could get something much better (used) for about $300 for the pair.

If you're short on cash and really need a practice PA, I'd offer $100 for the pair (if all speakers and horns are good). A bad horn could set you back around $60 or more (if you can find one).

6. Actually they're pretty much worthless - save the $200 and get something decent.