Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Vintage Technics Stereo

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Dan1099, Aug 30, 2005.

1. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    Any interest in a Vintage Technics Stereo? It's from the 70s, seperate amplifier and tuner, stereo output, several inputs, etc. It's been having a few issues with channels cutting out from time to time, dirty switches, etc, but, when it works, it sounds great! My dad bought it in college (he says it cost him 1300$ at the time, with speakers. Don't know if that helps judge whether anyone would want it or not) and gave it to me when I went to college. As i have just upgraded to a newer system, and I don't really have room in my apartment for both, I need to get rid of it.

My dad will take it, but it will just sit in his basement unused. Neither of us are really looking to make any money on it, either. He and I would both rather it go to an afficianado of good, old stereo gear, somewhere where it will be fixed up, taken care of, and most importantly, used. If this is not you, please don't bother.

Does anybody like these things anymore, or are they just junk? Thanks.

2. Dan1099

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    Okay, quick update...
    The amplifier is an SU-8600, and the tuner an ST-8600. 73 watts per channel. Information on them can be had here

3. Dan1099

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    Bump for anyone interested...