1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Volume/Volume/Volume pots combination

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Aged_Clayman, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Hello there:)

I have a J-Bass with a very strange (and rare, as I can see from this board) pots combination. It`s volume/volume/volume, no blend or tone just three v`s. I quite like it, because the master volume gives me ability to adjust the pickups ones and for all and then I don`t have to touch them if the setup appears to be too loud or too quiet. But all the vvt-vs-vbt debates here made wonder if I`m loosing something. Would an exchange of one of the volume in favor of, say, a tone pot change the sound much?
    One of the reasons I`m asking this is beacuse on of gui**** friends messes with his tones all the time and it makes me kind of jealous :)

2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol

You'd have just the same features with a volume-blend.
    It would make room for a tone pot.

3. Deacon_Blues

Deacon_Blues

Feb 11, 2007
    Finland
    I like the vbt configuration the most. If that was my bass, I'd change that knob configuration quicker than quickly.

I'd actually prefer only the pup balance and tone knobs, no vol knob. It's always on max anyway. :) A mute switch would be enough. :)

4. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    I'm pretty happy with VT / VT setup as a stack knob setup. It is over all a bit darker which might also be thought of as less tinny ... I first had that setup on a 62 RI J and then migrated an early 90's Fender PJ over to that. It's pretty cool.