1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Vox Bass Amp Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassofhearts, Dec 13, 2012.

1. bassofhearts

bassofhearts

Jun 15, 2012
    I own a Vox Pathfinder 10 Bass Amp and noticed that there were no Vox Amp Clubs! So I created one.

No number will be given in this club. But feel free to post pics and become a proud member!

NOTE: Amplug owners may join as well.

~Bassofhearts

2. bassofhearts

bassofhearts

Jun 15, 2012
    Anyone?

3. iagtrplyr and bhendrix like this.
  4. bhendrix

bhendrix

May 2, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    :roflmao:

iagtrplyr and Killed_by_Death like this.
  5. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016
    Here's mine.

Vox VX50BA bass amp at church.

MyVox at church 2.

iagtrplyr likes this.
  6. Nebula24

Nebula24

Nov 23, 2017
    Norman, OK
    20190714_185544. 20191006_220808.
    Mines almost always out. Somewhere in the house. Light weight. Small form factor. Traded in a pathfinder for the vx50ba.

iagtrplyr likes this.
  7. iagtrplyr

iagtrplyr

Apr 1, 2013
    Clinton, IA
    I’m absolutely joining this cool club. Why didn’t I see this one before? I’ve owned too-many VOX combo guitar amps: Valvetronix-series, AmpPlugs, Deacy Combo, DA5 Combo, bass pedal, cables, blah blah blah.

My latest is the VOX VX50BA, which was highly recommended by KbD and G’Dog about a year ago. It took me a while, but I jumped in looking for a little tube action (yeah, NuTube) and it’s been a blast to play through. Unlike Doggy, I haven’t been able to play live with others yet but I’m excited about trying it out.

I just want to know when VOX is going to get going building a gig-ready combo or even separates? Take my money, VOX!

Attached Files:

Killed_by_Death and G-Dog like this.
  8. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    No Essex? No Foundations? No Kennsinton? No Domino? No ever-loving T.60 or Bristol? :cool:

9. Timmah

Timmah Supporting Member

May 19, 2011
    Connecticut
    I used to have a Vox Pathfinder 15R that I’d use for guitar and bass (bass only at home). It sounded damn good til it got stolen, and I miss it sometimes.

10. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    I guess I have to join. I had an Essex that I got in 1966—replaced it in 1968 with a dual showman with D140F drivers—they both sucked. :roflmao:

I have used a couple of different model 118 Foundations at gigs (terrible), and played though a T.60/Bristol at the Vox shop in the French Market in Overland Park, KS (I was in awe, but then again, I was also playing a Hofner bass that belonged to the store), and I was 15. That was like 1965!

Two years lears later, I think in 1967, I played through a 412+horn Super Beatle a few times at the Vox dealer in Lincoln, RI. It was not really a bass amp, but was fascinating due to the built-in MRB, the weird tilt frame, solid-state 120 rms wattage (a lot then), and the all those drivers. Seemed cool.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019