1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

vx3500 combo. Please help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by todostusmuertos, Apr 2, 2006.

1. todostusmuertos

todostusmuertos

Feb 26, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me with the problem I'm having.
    I was playing a gig last night and out of the sudden my Hartke vx3500 amp stoped working. It's got power but no sound at all. Now, I'm thinking hopefully it's just a fuse or something. Has anyone experienced anything like this?
    ALso, I pulled out the fuses and 1 of them just has a plain wire in the middle, the other fuse has like a little ball in the middle of the wire. Is that normal? or is it a blown fuse? I'm really hoping that's what is is.
    THank you.

2. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    If the fuse with the little ball in the middle doesn't look like it has some sort of wire going form end cap to end cap, it's blown and needs to be replaced.

The ratings should be stamped on the end caps...and defined in the manual (which is also available online)...and should be marked on the back of the amp near the fuse holder.

Make sure that the replacement is the same type of fuse (slo-blo for slo-blo, fast-blo for fast-blo), etc and make sure the current and voltage ratings are is the same.