waiting...... waiting....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by flea claypool, Aug 31, 2004.

1. flea claypool

flea claypool

Jun 27, 2004
    i think i might go crazy soon..
    thanks to the T.B community i ordered my new warwick[pics when it arrives] this bein a slighty custom order[stained finish and few other visual niggles] im willing to wait.

ten days to go :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

i ordered it 1 and a half months ago

so my question is "whats the longest wait you ever had with a incoming bass"

2. fiebru1119

Mar 2, 2004
    Orlando, FL
  3. niomosy

Nov 9, 2002
    1 1/2 months, you know when it's coming. No reason to complain. I'm at a piddly 5 months wait, was told that my September arrival has been pushed back to September due to an electronics shortage or something :rolleyes:
  4. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Longest for me: 9 months
  5. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I waited 18 months for my 8 string Curbow fretless. It was worth every minute, too.

I've been waiting since March for my fretless Bongo 5 string. It has already shipped once, but they sent a fretted. :meh:
    Now, they have been great getting me a fretless out quickly, but there was a paint issue, and I'm looking at the end of the first week of September.

So, no sympathy, Pal. :p :D
  6. bassjamn

Jan 4, 2002
    San Francisco
    Ordered my Metro in April, no sign of it yet though i think they are close.
  7. 4string4ever

4string4ever Guest

Apr 18, 2004
    Orlando, Florida
    Ordered my custom beginning of December last year. Will probably be waiting until this December.
  8. It takes almost 2 years for 2 basses at same time.
    I hope I can get these basses this Nov. but I'm not sure.
  9. so what is the finish like and waht are the few other visuals?

10. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    A few weeks for me -- my fretless had a busted nut and some wood missing behind it, so I got a factory new one.
  11. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    you have to wait around 3 monthes just for a stingray so 1 and a half isnt anything. Cant wait to see it though. I have a thumb that i wish i would of just put the extra money down and waited for a blue one...oh well bring on the pics.
  12. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    I waited over 2 months for my Corvette 6 - it was special order because it was a lefty & 6; it wasnt that bad, but the bad part was rather that it was standing at the customs for 3 weeks :spit:

So, what are you getting? ;)
  13. ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    Is that like, nifty jiggles? nice biggles? new diggles? What, why you looking at me that way? JK look forward to seeing pics :D
  14. It has been around three months for my Zon. I think that this is a short wait so far. One and half months is nothing.
  15. Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
    About a year or so. Worth the wait though.
  16. flea claypool

flea claypool

Jun 27, 2004
    its got a shaved down body so its like a pound and a half lighter as i was in a motorbike incident and i cant do "heavy" anymore
    pics coming soon though
  17. niomosy

Nov 9, 2002
    Why not just have them do one, ship it, then do the other?