1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Wan Bernadel basses

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by potato4931, Nov 29, 2004.

1. I've been hearing a lot about a Chineese bass, the Wan Bernadel. Does anyone know anything about this instrument, positive or negative. Thanks.

2. cgratham

cgratham Guest

Sep 22, 2004
    Spud,

Here's a recent thread on the Wan's. Do a search and you will find a few more. I just bought one three weeks ago so feel free to contact me if you have any specific questions.

Chris
    Chris Gratham
    North Vancouver

3. thanks chris. i saw the thread after i posted my question. are you happy with the instrument. i bought one bass without playing. wouldn't do that again. so i guess i have to wait until i get to arizona.

4. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    I saw Steve LaSpina play one in my town concert series a bit ago. It sounded decent.

5. cgratham

cgratham Guest

Sep 22, 2004
    Hi Spud,
    I am happy with it - now I'm just trying to get the right sting combination to optimize it. I liked it more than many of the older basses that cost twice as much. But Steve K had a few older ones that were in the $10K range that were noticeably better and worth the extra $ - I just didn't have that much to spend.

I think you are wise to not buy a DB without playing it first. My advice would be to get yourself to at least one big bass shop and try out as much as you can. Depending on the $ you have to spend you can either really wait to find "the one" or find something that is such a good deal that you can't pass on it.

Regards, Chris

6. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    Spud, where are you located ? You should really check out shen's also.

7. thanks all for your input.

8. Just thought I would let you know that I have one and I am very happy with mine as are the people I know that have bought the bass. I not fart from you if you would like to check mine out.

9. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    So if he comes to see your bass, you're going to fart on him?

:bag:
    Sorry, couldn't resist.