Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wan Bernadel basses

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by potato4931, Nov 29, 2004.

1. I've been hearing a lot about a Chineese bass, the Wan Bernadel. Does anyone know anything about this instrument, positive or negative. Thanks.

2. cgratham

cgratham Guest

Sep 22, 2004
    Spud,

Here's a recent thread on the Wan's. Do a search and you will find a few more. I just bought one three weeks ago so feel free to contact me if you have any specific questions.

Chris
    Chris Gratham
    North Vancouver

3. thanks chris. i saw the thread after i posted my question. are you happy with the instrument. i bought one bass without playing. wouldn't do that again. so i guess i have to wait until i get to arizona.

4. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    I saw Steve LaSpina play one in my town concert series a bit ago. It sounded decent.

5. cgratham

cgratham Guest

Sep 22, 2004
    Hi Spud,
    I am happy with it - now I'm just trying to get the right sting combination to optimize it. I liked it more than many of the older basses that cost twice as much. But Steve K had a few older ones that were in the $10K range that were noticeably better and worth the extra $ - I just didn't have that much to spend.

I think you are wise to not buy a DB without playing it first. My advice would be to get yourself to at least one big bass shop and try out as much as you can. Depending on the $ you have to spend you can either really wait to find "the one" or find something that is such a good deal that you can't pass on it.

Regards, Chris

6. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    Spud, where are you located ? You should really check out shen's also.

7. thanks all for your input.

8. Just thought I would let you know that I have one and I am very happy with mine as are the people I know that have bought the bass. I not fart from you if you would like to check mine out.

9. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    So if he comes to see your bass, you're going to fart on him?

:bag:
    Sorry, couldn't resist.