Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Waricks....YET AGAIN

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by flea claypool, Aug 19, 2004.

1. flea claypool

flea claypool

Jun 27, 2004
    Ireland
    can anyone help me with my warwick queery...

im just wondering about the warwick corvette standard with active electronics
    they have three knobs
    1.Volume
    2.treble boost
    3.bass boost

how do you cut off the active/passive?
    and how do you blend and switch between pickups
    i know some have stacked knobs but can you tell me what this means............

From 1 dumbass :cool:

2. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    One stacked knob which is the EQ, one blend, and one volume. There is no active bypass.

3. flea claypool

flea claypool

Jun 27, 2004
    Ireland
    so the bass boost and the treble boost are all on one stack.. does that feel awkward?

THANKS

4. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    No. My thumb is the same way.. Bass/Trebble stacked, mid in the middle, and blend/volume stacked.

5. Can't you bypass the active elkectronics by pulling the volume knob outwards?

6. flea claypool

flea claypool

Jun 27, 2004
    Ireland
    and do you notice a massive difference between both pickups and what kinda sound do they give when they are twinned and single

THANKS

7. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Not on warwicks.

8. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    You can't do that with warwick pickups. You can't have them go paralell, single, etc. They're just pickups.. You have four knobs. It's not complicated. No pushy pully things, or switches.. Just two pickups, a 2 band EQ.. a Blend, and a volume. Geez.

9. flea claypool

flea claypool

Jun 27, 2004
    Ireland
    i seem to rember telling you i had 3 knobs :spit:

10. My thumb has a pull out knob on the volume control that bypasses it's active circuit. :meh:

11. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    You have the LE. It doesn't count.

12. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    Some Warwicks do have a push/pull active pre bypass, my Corvette FNA has it for example. Also, Whafrodamus, calm down man, the guy's got questions, no need to give him a bunch of crap. Just take it easy everyone, if you've got nothing nice or useful to say then say NOTHING. This is supposed to be a helpful forum for all bassists, new, old, young and veterans. Keep it fun and worth coming back to daily.

13. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I am calm like the buffalo. *sticks fingers on head to make buffalo horns)

And you're right.. But the BEC III preamp and sister ones are rare on the mid-lower basses. The Thumb LE and some others have it, but regular corvettes don't :-\

14. Alexander

Alexander

Aug 13, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    I had a Thumb BO with an active bypass - pull out on the volume knob to go passive. Was just a standard Thumb, but am not sure about the Corvette...

15. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Yes yes.. One is stacked, it has two turny things, I call them knobs. Yes.

16. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    Yeah I've noticed Warwick has been kind of been getting shady lately... like they used to have basically the same electronics in both Bolt-On and Neck-Thru models of their basses, like the Thumb, but now they've been getting shady like with the Katana. The Bolt-On has a two band pre while the NT has a 3 band and better woods and yada yada yada... what's up with that crap?? I guess it annoys me when companies deviate from traditional practices that there was no point at all in deviating from. What if I prefer BO's but want a three band? Stupid Warwick....

17. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I totally agree. BO and NT is personal preference. People should be able to choose the preamp they want without paying large sums for money for a MEC 3 band that's standard in a NT :-\

18. I've been wondering what the Warwick sound is like. Ive heard a couple of notes of it (On TV) and really liked it. I do not like hi-fi sounding stuff, and hearing your fingers slide around on the strings. Can someone tell explain to me "the sound of wood"? :D

19. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Hit your head against a bubinga tree while humming. It gives the same effect. I would go onstage with my tree, and we would jam out. I had a friend who was on the spoons.

20. Useless posts. Funny guy. Any serious answers?