1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Warmoth Deluxe V (G5) Nordstrand/Hipshot

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Doug Parent, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    Warmoth Deluxe V G5 Ash body and G5 Birdseye maple neck (upgrade) with 24 fret extension. (upgrade)

The neck is new. Satin finish by Marty Bell. I have 4 gigs on this neck. (I'm keeping my wedge/ebony G5 neck after all this :meh:)

Carbon stiffening rods. (upgrade)

Neck pocket is 2 7/8" wide.

Bridge spacing adjustable 17.5 - 18 mm.

Nut width is 1 7/8.

Ash body with a sealer coat*. Ready for final finish. You can feel the grain.

*This bass has gone into use before a final finish, mainly because I was trying different pickup combinations, so it is a prototype of sorts. The sheen from the sealer coat is a little rubbed off in some spots. If you don't mind how it looks with just the seal coat the body won't get damaged. You can also take some steel wool and take the rest of the sheen off and get a totally matt finish.

String through option when using a 17.5 mm bridge. (Pics below focusing on some details.)

3 hole control with rear mounted control cavity.

Vol/Vol/Tone passive

18 volt dual battery box.

Nordstrand Fat Stack pickups. (New) 18mm spacing.

Hipshot B-Style bridge. 17.5mm Black/Brass.
    Adjustable to 18mm.

Right now the bridge saddles are adjusted so the strings are *dead center* the 18mm pickup poles.

Due to a dull drill bit there is one hole on the back where the string ferrule fit into needing some patching/repair.

TERMS OF SALE:

NO TRADES except for the following heads: Tone Hammer 500, Epifani Piccilo or 501 plus cash on my end.

$750.

Attached Files:

2. Doug Parent

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    more pics

Attached Files:

3. Doug Parent

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Mother of pearl dot. 6150 frets. neck shape has significantly been reworked on the back. Reminds me of an F-bass.

Attached Files:

4. Doug Parent

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    more pics of body with different neck

Pickup size = Bart P2.

Modern spacing.

Bridge pickup is a Fender 60's spacing.

Attached Files:

5. hsp-sandiego

hsp-sandiego

Oct 22, 2014
    San Diego
    hello Doug.. do you still have the G5? looks like a old thread but you never know. thanks again. btw... the GK neo cabs have been awesome. plugged the front baffle screw holes, sealed the ports, re-wired with monster 12awg, soldered, etc.. thanks again. Harry Price

6. Doug Parent

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Hi Harry, this bass was sold and I forgot to close the thread but I have another one for sale like it only different :) Contact me via pM and we can discuss.

7. pedulla-2007

pedulla-2007 Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2008
    texas
    Wow, another amazingly clean build, Doug. I'm wondering if you basses speak to anyone else, or just me? She is a beauty. I think all of us like the color of raw wood, from time to time. GLWYS!

8. Doug Parent

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Sorry forgot to mark this sold