1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Warmoth experiences

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by chalie, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Hi Guys,
    I have been a customer of Warmoth for few years and was contacting them with the interest of ordering their products for many times but only 2 successful orders was made though that could be more. I found that the comunication between the sales and the customers were not smooth, like they don't read your requirment well enought or not trying to understand and not so supportive too. They were not flexible with things like some of the request which was at no cost both time and investment but they just simply say "no" to you. If that was not the sale personal then the whole company might not have a friendly environment where no one give anyone an extensive assistance, just doing there job. The company may already has too much orders that an idividule no longer their interest.
    I am assembly the guitars for personal interest but would be nice to learn some other makers too.
    Please feel free to recommend me some of those who are more friendly to the customer.
    Thank you.

2. Hopkins

Hopkins Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 17, 2010
    Houston Tx
    Owner/Builder @Hopkins Guitars
    I have dealt with Warmoth on numerous occasions with no bad experiences what so ever.

3. I guess if you order non-stock (i.e. use their configurator) and then add other things by email or phone, you run the risk of something not going 100% according to desire. They need to protect themselves from too many of these possibilities. Having worked in client services and product management, this is the reason for saying "no"

Personally, if I were to order something from them, I would rely fully on the configurator only.

4. Thanks guys,

My usual contact with them were emailing and I found that most of the time I don't receive a resonable support. To me it looks like they don't have their mind for me. My first experien was a full custom order and last one was from the showcase and from both I don't receive a decent support. Its the same way when you order for a Mc and you asked them to put few more pickels on which on a bad day they won't do that for you but at Warmoth to me is like everyday.

5. Most people prefer to always call their orders in. Warmoth does a LOT of stuff that is not listed in the configurator. The only way to know about some of it is to call in and ask if they will do what you want.

6. jrmintz

jrmintz

Oct 11, 2008
    I've ordered many things from Warmoth. Most I've been totally pleased with. The time I wasn't pleased had more to do with my inability to articulate what I wanted. They gave me what I asked for - when I got it I realized it wasn't what I wanted. My bad...